Three quarters of the school year have passed, and we are excited about the progress of our students. Included with this letter is a copy of your student’s third quarter progress report. Your student should by now have completed a minimum of nine classes to be on track. A great way to check your student’s progress is to check how many mastery tests they have completed every day. The following are instructions on how to check your student’s progress online for A+:
- Go to the A+ website: http://www.aec.aplusanywhere.com/fda
- Click on “Browser Playback”.
- Enter your student’s Log-On Name & Password.
- Select “Log Me On”
- Select “Next” in the lower right hand corner (doesn’t matter what class you choose).
- Select the “Progress” tab.
- Scroll all the way down to see the latest work being done. The score for each mastery test is listed in the order of completion. Each test score is listed as a percentage. So, 80/100 is an 80%. Every mastery test score is listed on this report. A student may retake the mastery tests as often as needed. 70% is passing. For review tests, the score of 70% is also needed for passing which is 350/500. The review test is the “Final Exam” for the course and means the student has completed the course once it is passed assuming all other lessons are complete.
The following are instructions on how to check your student’s progress online for GradPoint:
- Go to http://fair4896-fairborn-ccl.gradpoint.com
- Enter your student’s firstname.lastname@example.org and password.
- On main screen click on the first subject listed for the student.
- Click on Grades.
- All lessons that are complete will be displayed with scores.
- If you would like to see lessons, click on view. The table of contents will be displayed on the left of the screen.
Every student is expected to complete a minimum of five hours of work per day Monday through Friday, getting a total of 25 hours of work done every week. Each lesson should take approximately one hour, which means students should be completing a minimum of 25 lessons each week.
On January 15, FDA held graduation with 17 graduates. We will be having our Spring Graduation on June 18. Students who wish to participate in the ceremony will need to have met all FDA and Ohio graduation requirements by June 4. The FDA board will continue to approve graduates at each board meeting, but we will have only one more ceremony this school year. Those students who participated in the January event had very positive things to say about the experience, so we are hoping to build on that for the future. Check out the pictures of the event on our website (https://www.fairborndigital.us).
Spring OGTs are now complete and we are just awaiting results. If you would like to know how your student performed, you may call on or after May 14. For those seniors who need to test in the summer, we will be testing from June 17 through June 28. Please make sure to speak with us to make arrangements for summer testing.
On June 6, we will be hosting an end-of-the-year event to discuss next school year and bring this school year to a close. Included with the event will be sign-ups for the different programs we offer. There will be food and drink available. Please mark your calendar for this event.
FDA will be offering summer school again this year. The price is $80.00 per course (0.5 credits) for FDA students. For non-FDA students, the price will be $120.00 per course (0.5 credits). This will include the courseware only. Separate charges will be necessary for equipment, internet, and tutoring. You may contact our office if you have questions about summer school.
Beginning April 15, we will need all students to participate in our end-of-year assessments and survey. Students in the FAST program will need to schedule with their coach to come in to the building to complete these two sessions. Each of these sessions will take roughly 2.5 hours to complete. It is mandatory for students to complete these sessions.
Please do not hesitate to call 879-0511 if you have any question, concerns, or if there is anything we can do to help your student succeed. Also, please visit our new website at https://fairborndigital.us. You may now like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter to receive information updates about our school.