The lead intervention specialist will be responsible for leading instruction in Fairborn Digital
Academy’s FIRST Friday Special Needs program.
• Write IEP’s for students and lead IEP meetings.
• Teach in the FIRST classroom
• Maintain FIRST classroom
• Work with students on lesson completion
• Track student progress
• Coordinate with assistants to ensure student progress
• Communicate information on courses with guidance counselor
• Communicate positive and negative student progress with principal
• Assign students to courses as needed
• Update student graduation checklist
• Create and send quarterly reports
• Meet with staff, parents, and students regarding issues
• Track completion of assessments and make sure they are completed
• Assist coordination of OGT’s
• Motivate students to success
• Attend professional conferences, seminars, and earn additional credit to stay current with
contemporary issues in the area of education.
• Assist directors in evaluation of courseware.
• Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Principal
• Licensure in Special Needs education
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Experience in educational delivery of on-line courses
• Strong knowledge of technology
FDA’s Executive Director and Principal